Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation
Passport Services

Walk-in services are available to the general public from 9:00 - 11:00 a.m., Monday through Friday, except on US Embassy holidays.

All applicants for U.S. passports must apply in person. The Consular section can neither receive applications nor return passports by mail.

Except in cases of genuine emergency requiring immediate travel, U.S. passports are produced in the United States and sent to our Embassies/Consulates overseas by express mail.  For that reason, it takes about two weeks for passport applications to be processed.  Please apply far enough ahead of your planned trip to receive your new passport in time.  Travel for tourism or business is not a sufficient reason to issue an emergency passport.

If you have a bona fide emergency and need to travel immediately, call us at 03-2168-5000.

We will not cancel your existing passport until your new one arrives.  But consider: (a) Malaysian authorities occasionally deny entry to foreigners whose passports are not valid for at least six months.  (b) You may need to have your Malaysian visa, entry stamp or residence card re-issued after receipt of a new passport.  This may take significant time.

Please Note:  All children under 16 who apply for U.S. passports must appear in person together with both parents. The child's birth certificate listing both parents' names is also required. Other documentation may be requested.

Also Note:  When traveling, we recommend you carry a photocopy of your passport separately from your passport.  In the event of loss or theft, the copy will facilitate issuance of an emergency passport.

Application Instructions.
  (Note: We do not process passports in Malaysia by mail.  If the instructions below tell you to mail your passport or application, that is directed towards applicants that are in the US. All applicants for U.S. passports in Malaysia must apply in person.)

If you already know the forms you need, you can access them directly:

  • DS-11 -- First time applicants, minors, applicants replacing lost/stolen/mutilated passports
  • DS-82 -- Adult renewals
  • DS-3053 -- Consent of absent parent
  • DS-64 -- Statement of lost or stolen passport
  • DS-4085 -- Application for additional visa pages
  • DS-5504 -- Name change, data correction and replacement of limited passport